What is Application Portfolio Rationalization (APR)?
It refers to the act of streamlining the prevalent application portfolio with clear objectives of reducing complexity, improving efficiency, and minimizing the total cost of ownership by modernizing aging and high-value applications. APR leads to: retired aging and low-value applications, standardization of common technology platform and version, elimination of redundant applications, and consolidation of the applications.
Business Benefits of APR
- Assess and reduce IT costs
- Target efforts to maximize ROI
- Double down the business value of application portfolios
- Mitigate maintenance and support risks
- Eliminates redundancy with easy identification of applications that perform similar functions