What is Application Programming Interface (API)?
An application programming interface (API) refers to an interface that offers programmatic access to data and service functionality within a database or an application. You can use APIs as building blocks to develop new interactions with humans, smart devices, or other applications. Businesses use an API to meet the needs of an ecosystem, or digital transformation, and thus begin a platform business model.
Business Benefits of API
- Guarantees an increase in revenue
- Promotes technical and business innovation
- Extends customer value and reach
- Offers new opportunities for collaboration
- Aids sales and marketing activities