What is Continuous Integration (CI)?
CI systems offer automation of the software build and validation process driven in a constant manner by running a configured sequence of operations when a software change is checked into the source code management repository. These systems closely relate to agile development practices and emerging DevOps toolsets.
Business Benefits of CI
- Reduces manual tasks and chances of committing errors
- Enhances productivity by delivering more IT projects in less time
- Mitigates costs due to lesser outages
- Ensures faster software delivery to the market
- Drives business growth due to reliable, high-performing software releases