What is DevSecOps?
DevSecOps can be defined as the integration of security into emerging agile IT and DevOps development transparently and seamlessly. Ideally, DevSecOps is implemented without minimizing the speed or agility of developers or necessitating them to leave their development toolchain environment. DevSecOps implies thinking about application and infrastructure security from the beginning. It also implies automating some security gates to keep the DevOps workflow from slowing down. Choosing the right tools to continuously integrate security, such as agreeing on an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) along with security features, can help meet those objectives. Note that effective DevOps security needs more than new tools. It builds on the cultural changes of DevOps to integrate the work of security teams sooner than later. While DevOps prioritizes the speed of software delivery, DevSecOps shifts security to the left.
Business Benefits of DevSecOps
- Enhances collaboration and communication among DevOps and security teams
- Increases the speed of software delivery
- Reduces costs by identifying and fixing security issues during the phases of software development
- Improves overall security
- Fosters a culture of openness and transparency within the organization
We offer comprehensive DevSecOps Services to our clients. Talk to us.