What are Digital Business Platforms?
A platform refers to a product that enables or serves other products or services. In the context of digital business, platforms exist at several levels. They range from high-level platforms that allow a platform business model to low-level platforms that offer a collection of business and technology capabilities consumed by other products and services to deliver business capabilities of their own.
Business Benefits of Digital Business Platforms
- Puts people as the business focus
- Makes tools independent and teams can change tools distinctively
- Trims down costs significantly
- Shortens business processes
- Simplifies maintenance and upgrades