What are Dockers?
A docker is a tool designed to make it easy for developers to create, deploy, and run applications through containers. Containers allow developers to package up an application with all the parts the application needs, including libraries and other dependencies. They can thus deploy the application as one package. Being open source, anyone can contribute to Docker and extend it to meet their set of requirements.
Business Benefits of Dockers
- Increases ROI by reducing on infrastructure costs
- Ensures consistency across different development and release cycles
- Improves container image efficiency
- Reduces deployments to seconds
- Ensures consistent environments from development till production