What is Enterprise Data Governance?
It refers to a collection of practices and processes that ensure the formal management of data assets within an organization. It often includes other concepts such as Data Stewardship and Data Quality to enable an enterprise gain better control over its data assets, comprising methods, technologies, and behaviors around the proper management of data. Data Governance also deals with security and privacy, integrity, usability, integration, compliance, availability, roles and responsibilities, and overall management of the internal and external data flows within the organization.
Business Benefits of Enterprise Data Governance
- Brings consistency in the data
- Improves the overall data quality
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Optimizes the use of data for effective decision-making
- Boosts business strategy and financial performance