What is Unstructured Data?
Unstructured Data refers to the data which does not conform to a data model and has no easily identifiable structure. It cannot, therefore, be used by a computer program with ease. Unstructured data is not organized in a pre-defined manner or has no pre-defined data model. The information in unstructured data is generally text-heavy and prolific. It could be anything like media, audio, imaging, or text data. Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms help to extract meaning automatically from the volumes of unstructured data created daily. Businesses use big data tools and software to process, mine, integrate, store, track, index, and report business insights from raw unstructured data. It would be otherwise impossible for organizations to efficiently manage unstructured data.
Business Benefits of Unstructured Data
- Improves and adds to your customer experience
- Offers valuable insights to trigger innovation in business
- Accelerates your digital transformation journey
- Helps to make important business decisions
- Drives business advantage