The customer of today is digital, a part of this touchless novel economy. Even when we have returned to normal, nothing is entirely normal. Customers expect brands to treat them the way they want. Their shopping preferences have, of course, changed. Without a foolproof vaccine in place, shoppers across the globe are less likely to come in contact with things they want to buy, say food, makeup, or clothes.
Remember you are dealing with a traumatized customer who is financially affected and is undergoing emotional stress and anxiety in this pessimist coronavirus-driven world. Due to most health-aware consumer and their changing comfort levels with shopping experiences, the challenge for marketers is not just to be different but to pivot, innovate, and transform. Companies have already started taking advantage of the technology available to make people’s lives easy while delivering an unparalleled digital customer experience.
Here’s an infographic that shows customer experience mindset in the age of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 has affected people worldwide and will forever impact the way we look at our environments, the way we work, the way we engage with brands and customers, as well as the way governments plan contingencies.
- Consumers will continue to prioritize their health and choose brands that sell them in a fashion that doesn’t meddle with their health and safety.
- Businesses should understand consumer spending sentiments and strategize their offerings and channels accordingly. Personalization will act as the key.
- Technology plays a prominent role in the Post-COVID-19-World, driving digital transformation, digital customer experience, and empowering AI.
- Employees will continue to work remotely even after the pandemic gets over.
Sources: Statista, Edelman Trust Barometer, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), Gartner, The World Economic Forum, and others.